I wanted to push myself in designing this card and step it up a little. Little did I know how much time it was going to take, but so well worth all the effort.
Measurements & Instructions
- Card base is a standard card base in Calypso Coral 14.8cm x 21cm scored at 10.5cm. or C6.
- Layer of Designer Series Paper 14.3cm x 10cm, adhered to the card base with multi purpose glue.
- Basic white Cardstock 14.3 cm x 10cm for inside of card for stamping and sentiment.
- Basic White Card Stock for stamping the Crane, I used Calypso Coral and Smoky Slate, Inking the top of the Crane in Calypso Coral then taking the stamp to Smoky Slate and Inking the feet, then stamping on the basic white cardstock and run it through the die cut and embossing machine to die cut. I also stamped a Sentiment for the front of the card in Calypso Coral on basic white and then cut out with the paper snips.
- Basic White Cardstock, cut out 2 small circles using the layering circles dies, the 2 smallest.
- To make the Rosettes; Cut 2 Strips of Designer Series Paper 1x 2.5cm and 30.5cm (1in x 12in) & 1x 1.9cm x 30.5cm (3/4in x 12in). score each strip at 0.8cm (1/4in) intervals the entire length of the strip. The Concertina each strip for the whole length of the strip. Once grab each end of the strip, DO NOT TWIST, take one end and nestle into the other end, use some multi purpose glue to adhere the ends. Then when dry, on a silicone mat, turn one edge to the inside and concertina it into a disc (rosette). with one of the small die cut circles, add some multi purpose glue & stick to the centre of the rosette and hold down firmly, don't let go to soon or the rosette will come undone. repeat for the second rosette.
- Cut a strip of the Shimmer Satin Ribbon 7.5cm (3in)
- Using the Mother of Pearl Speciality paper, Die Cut the long Gingko/Ginseng florette thingy and the small 2 prong from the Good Fortune Dies.
- With the Stamparatus Stamp the Sentiment in Calypso Coral, clean with the shammy, and then ink with Versamark, then remove from Stamparatus and cover in clear embossing powder and emboss using the heat gun.
- Layering the Card; adhere dimensionals to the long gingko flower, leaving the base to use multi purpose glue, stick to left side of the card. Using Multi Purpose Glue, scik the larger Rosette over the base of the ginseng flower, then glue the small rosette along side it. Glue the small ginseng flower into the side of the large rosette. With the Crane, use dimensionals and mini dimensionals and adhere to the right side of the card front.
- Embellish with Polished Dots in an odd number.
Stampin’ Up! Products
If you Don't already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator I would love to have you as a customer. You can purchase any of the Stampin Up card making and paper craft products I use from Crafting Down Under, available to residents in Australia Only via my online shop by clicking the images below or contacting me direct via email or phone.
It means a lot to me to have your continued support. So if you do decide to shop with me please use my current Host Code AXDZFH6G for all orders up to $250. All orders that use this code will receive a little extra thank you from me next month.
If you place an order for $250 and above, please don't use the host code, you can get the rewards for yourself. But if you do spend that much, please think about joining Stampin Up and My team 'Down Under Crafters', as you'll end up saving more for your future product purchases.
More info can be found on the JOIN MY TEAM tab.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used
Until Next Time ,